Monday, April 15, 2019

Merkury Innovations Tryabox

Smart Plug:

Great little plug for a great price. I am currently using it to plug in a wax warmer where the plug is in a hard-to-reach place. I also plan to use it for my Christmas tree when I put that up. App works great and it is easy to set-up. We will also be purchasing the outdoor one to plug the outdoor lights into next Christmas.




Smart Lightbulb:

It's ok. It works exactly as it should, the app is easy to use and set-up, the dimmer and timer features are handy. I feel like having a smart light rather than a smart bulb would make more sense, but if you are using it to "upgrade" existing lighting fixtures, then it is a good deal.  I don't have much need for smart light, so $10 price tag is hefty for just a lightbulb. But I think if you had a group of these it would be useful, and if you really need the wifi functionality it is actually a great price.



Smart Camera:

It is a great little camera! Audio and Video work great, and excellent quality for the price. Motion detection works well. App is easy to set-up and use. I think it would work well as a baby monitor. You can even talk through it like an intercom. We are using it as a security camera, so the only drawback I see is that it has to be plugged in all the time, and the cord is short and obvious... if we were to put it on our enclosed porch (where we wanted it) the only place to mount it would be easy for intruders to just unplug it. So we mounted it inside, looking out a large window onto the porch. Still gives us a pretty good view of the room- just have to keep my kids from messing with it or unplugging it. I also wish it came with mounting hardware, not just a double-stick sticker. Those are the only reasons to knock it down from 5 stars, otherwise it is an excellent device for a great price.





#Tryazon #MerkuryInnovations


No comments:

Post a Comment